
Salynrho -- Salvador Dominguez, Lyn Watanabe, & Rhoda Dizon.
Curatorial project "Salynrho" was formed by three artists/curators enrolled in art gallery management class (Art34 ab) at El Camino College. Lyn and I intended to curate a solo art show by Salvador Dominguez, a graduate of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. After rejection, after rejection by L.A. galleries, we finally found a venue for the exhibition! It almost seemed fated that Lyn found a space that fit the dimensions of Sal's work perfectly.
It's official. Before I enter the teacher credential program in the fall, I'll get to chase my dream and curate a great, contemporary and complex solo art exhibition. I am mostly excited about the catalog where I can actually put my literary journalism degree to use:) I will post more updates as our project progresses on.
Look out for a solo art exhibition called, "Fractions," by Salvador Dominguez.
Tentative Dates: June 5-19th, 2010.
Location: Urban: Sanctuary. Los Angeles, CA.
can't wait :)
ReplyDelete